2017 Sponsorship Opportunities
JUMPSTART TEXAS IS AN UNOFFICIAL PARTY HELD DURING SXSW MUSIC FOR 10 YEARS RUNNING.
Hosted by Austin rockers The Midgetmen, and now in its tenth year, the party is considered a must-attend for many local and visiting patrons of SXSW.
Hand crafted by Midgetmen manager and bassist, Marc Perlman, Jumpstart has featured acclaimed acts such as the Juno Award winning Hollerado, The Hounds Below (featuring Jason Stollsteimer from the Von Bondies), Grant Hart of Hüsker Dü, The Hold Steady’s Franz Nicolay, Ezra Furman and the Harpoons, Juno Award nominee Plants & Animals, The Henry Clay People, BRONCHO, Spider Bags and Diarrhea Planet.
2016’s Jumpstart was bigger than ever and earned accolades from press and fans alike. We expect 2017 to be even better and would love to make your company a part of it.
Jumpstart is an excellent marketing opportunity for both local businesses and national brands looking to increase their visibility within the Austin market.
AUDIENCE & REACH
Jumpstart Texas generally attracts males and females ages 25 to 40 who are music and style taste makers. The Midgetmen’s lengthy local ties attract Austin-based audiences with combined households earning over $100k/year and who qualify as technology savvy, urban professionals. SXSW draws a wide range of attendees, with the majority of non-local attendees coming from cultural hubs like LA, NYC, Chicago and Portland. As a premium choice for catching up-and-coming artists, Jumpstart also attracts writers from both mainstream and alternative news media.
- Nearly 15k unique emails in our mailing list — more than 500k impressions over the last seven years
- 2013 10th Most RSVPed SXSWmusic party overall, 2nd Most RSVPed party for Thursday with nearly 25,000 RSVPs
- 2012 14th Most RSVPed SXSWmusic party overall, 5th Most RSVPed party for Thursday
- 2011 13th Most RSVPed SXSWmusic party overall, 1st Most RSVPed party for Thursday
- 2013 Attendance: Venue at capacity throughout the day
- In combination, Jumpstart creates impressions across social and traditional media outlets of nearly 50,000 per week during SXSW
- @themidgetmen —the official band twitter account— and the other band members have over 2500 followers and reach over 50,000 accounts per combined tweets
- Over 500 Facebook fans at www.facebook.com/themidgetmen
- Consistent coverage in the local press and SXSW events for the last 10years
- Fantastic support for other non-SXSW events; 1000’s of RSVPs for our yearly ‘anniversorry’ parties
PRESS AND COVERAGE
Jumpstart is a proverbial ‘must’ attend for SXSW and is promoted across the internet on best-of lists from sources such as:
- Windish Agency
- The Austin Chronicle
- The Austinist
- Done Waiting
- Culture Map
- Sperry Media
- Deli Magazine
- Austin 360
- Austin Sound
In 2013, Jumpstart moved to the 300 person capacity Sidebar at 602 East 7th St., Austin, TX. The party will be at the same awesome venue this year:
- Two stages will feature a dozen or more bands
- Less than 0.5mi and a 10 minute walk from the Austin Convention Center, the epicenter of SXSW.
- Stages and multiple sponsor tables provide ample branding and merchandising opportunities for sponsors.
- A staple of Austin’s hipsters, cool-kids, and taste-makers.